Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I can breathe!

I had surgery on Monday - my third laparoscopy, and finally the air seems to be almost gone! Anyone who has had these types of surgery knows that the air they put in you gets trapped after the surgery and it is VERY painful! This time it was stuck under my collar bones and in my diaphram/lung area. I couldn't take a deep breath and couldn't get comfortable to lay down for a while, but am MUCH better now. I slept through the night last night, and now can even cough to get some of the crap out of my lungs that has been building there since I haven't been able to take a deep breath or cough in almost 48 hours.

Strange to post this type of personal thing, but I guess that this is part of the blogging world too... this surgery has given us the realization that I am not meant to have any more babies. Finally we know why I have been having so much pain and problems, and we know what needs to happen to make it better. Many of you know what a struggle it has been for us to get the two darling red heads that we have, and we are thrilled to have been given two miracles. TWO miracles, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Thank you to everyone who has been so wonderful to bring us meals, treats, and phone calls of concern, you are the best! I was sad to miss last nights Girls Night Out, the first one I have missed in over a year, but it was still great to see those who stopped by and called.

8 comments:

Natallee said...

I had no idea that you had been going through all this until night at girls night. We missed you and I am sooooo sorry to hear what trials you have been going through! You are amazingly strong! My prayers are with you!

The Peterson 5 said...

I'm so glad the pain is easing up for you! You are right about your 2 little redheads....they are too cute!! We love your family and hope you keep feeling better!

cristelle amber said...

i am glad everything is feeling a bit back to normal. you are an amazing girl, with such a beautiful family.

Staci said...

Jessica... I feel like a horrible neighbor! I had no idea that you were going through all of this. I am so sorry that you have had such a rough time! We will keep you in our prayers as well.

the Roberson family said...

Please know that we wish you a speedy recovery and hope you know that we will keep you in our prayers.

TNTWilliams said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. I had no idea you were going though so much. You're always so positive and cheerful, even if you are feeling like crap. Let me know if I can help you in any way. We are thinking of you.

Kirstynn Evans said...

I am so impressed with you, and all that you do. Thank you for all of your kindness. I am praying for you and the family. Also, I pray that I can take a little of your strength. Thank you!

Jenessa said...

I am so sorry Jessica.