Thursday, December 4, 2008

The MOST wonderful time of the year!

I LOVE this time of year, and truth be told, I get ready for it all year long! My favorite part of the holiday season is the decorating. I love to come up with a new theme each year. As I gather things for my tree throughout the year, I never know quite how it will come out when it is all put together. I am really happy with how this year's Polar Express tree came out. My sister Jordan came and decorated with me the day after Thanksgiving, a tradition since she was 7. We have never put so much on one tree at a time, but it turned out great, and we had a wonderful time together decorating and enjoying our Christmas usuals - A Christmas Story, and White Christmas.




A few close ups of our hard work!

Jordan also helped by doing a beautiful wreath. Hopefully Aaron will help me get it hung up in our vaulted entry way this weekend. It will be beautiful!

I also let the girls decorate their own trees in their rooms. They were in heaven, and I am sure they will have a long future of Christmas themes coming their way. I hope their husbands are as kind about it as mine is!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great trees...so very cute

Ashley E said...

So Cute. I seriously don't know how you do a new tre EVERY year. I have a hard time with my one. Love the Polar Bears!!

Natallee said...

I am amazed! I can't believe how good your trees are every year! My boys would DIE over this one! I love it! great job! You should consider getting a job at the festival of trees or becoming one of the decoators of the trees in the mall or at TaiPan- seriously- you could make a career out of this talent!

NatalieHemingway said...

...ok, you can come do mine now. Well, maybe next year. We still have a little one taking all the decorations off our tree. The bottom 3 feet of our tree are completely bare.

Suzanne Plant said...

I love your tree. Such a great idea! The trees for the kids rooms are great too. I just may have to copy you on that one!

the Roberson family said...

Beautiful! I loved your testimony on Sunday-- I just wanted to tell you. Happy Holidays!