Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Playing Catch Up


I am a fairly organized person, I can pack a lot into a day, and I am often asked how I do it. My routine is the best answer. I have a way that I need to run my day in order to accomplish what I want, and have things running smoothly for myself and my family. Take away my routine, and I am worthless. We are in the final touch ups of having the flooring replaced in our kitchen, dining, and front room (our main room we use in the house), and needless to say, my routine has been shot to hell. I am a all out of sorts, I didn't get my "quiet time" (a MAJOR part of my routine) for 6 days! I used to feel that quiet time was a nice, pampering thing to do for myself, but now I know, it is a completely necessary part of my day if I am going to function. Now that the furniture is more or less back where it belongs, and quiet time can resume, I am playing catch up. Yesterday was laundry, I lost count afer 6 or 7 loads. I guess today will be a lot of folding. It may take me a while to get things back under control, but I will get there. Pictures of the new flooring will be coming soon, but now I am going to take what I hope will be a nice long quiet time.

5 comments:

Kirstynn Evans said...

This has left me speechless! My last post about my "Keepin it Real", I knew you would shutter at my, laundry that has been in my dryer for a week. Well, I would say 100% quiet time is WAY more important then laundry!

The Peterson 5 said...

I hate the process of having remodeling work done in my house, but it is always nice when it's done. I can't wait to see your new floors!

NatalieHemingway said...

I hear ya girlfriend!! Laundry is the bain of my existence.

Ashley E said...

You are so funny. I wish I would have taught my kids the whole quiet time thing...Maybe that is my problem. At least your home will be nice when it is all done!!!

Staub family said...

Holy crap! I know the floors will be worth it though. I can't wait to see them!