Thursday, June 26, 2008

New Flooring

The floors are done, more or less. They are coming back to fix a few things next week, and we haven't finished putting all of the new baseboards on, but other than that we are good to go. I realized that I always take pictures of projects at night, because the kids are down, and the house is the cleanest, but then you don't see all of the wonderful light that we get from my large windows. Well, pictures at night may not be such a bad idea because the sun streaming in made the picture hard to see the colors of things, the floor is not as red as it looks in some of the pictures. I have also realized that my kitchen pictures have given the impression that our cabinets are black, they are not. They are actually a really dark brownish color, so I threw in a picture of the cabinet next to a black frame so you can see the difference.

Aaron is mowing the lawn now, I caught up on bills, and all of the laundry is folded and put away, so we are well on our way back to our normal life, we hope.



Aaron thought we would be able to pull up all of the old flooring ourselves. HA! Long story short, we will never be doing that again. We tried to keep our TV area in tact for as long as possible, cutting the carpet out around it until the last minute.





We are putting in the new baseboards ourselves, and it has been an interesting learning process, but I am happy with the way it came out, the ones that are done at least.

See they are not black, but really dark brown.

13 comments:

The Prices said...

The floors look great! Way to go!!

Natallee said...

HOLY COW! They look great! Congrats on having it done! it looks gorgeous!

NatalieHemingway said...

Can you come do mine now? The floors look great. your house always looks straight out of a design catalog :) .

the Roberson family said...

I love it!!! so beautiful!

Dave said...

Sexy . . . Sexy . . . :D Looks really good. Has the sliding on the floors in stocking feet commenced? I can volunteer to show Natasha and Cassie how it is done.

Staci said...

Looks awesome! Way to go!!

The Peterson 5 said...

It looks very nice!! It also tempts me to paint my cabinets, but I'm not so sure I'm up for that kind of project yet!

Staub family said...

Hey jess. I can't wait to see your floors. We are not planning to take a gondala ride in Venice. We have taken the water bus and just walked a ton. We saw today though on a gondala a whole band playing and singing Volarè. Oh it was so great. ha ha! Well we will call as soon as possible. I have my phone on me so when we are in Cleveland be expecting a call. Love you!

cristelle amber said...

your house looks so good! i love the floors and the cabinets are beautiful. and yea, ditto the quiet time. it is my sanity saver for sure!

Ashley E said...

Oh my goodness. It looks awesome. I bet you are so happy with them. They look beautiful.

Kirstynn Evans said...

You go! I am with Nat, totally something you would see on Weekend Warriors, or another HGTV show! So fun! Or so not fun! Which one?

Sisters staying connected... said...

It looks beautiful, can't wait to see it in person! ...alison

TNTWilliams said...

The house and floor looks great! I bet you are glad it is done!