Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pray for me!

This isn't the post I was planning on today. I was hoping to post about my birthday, and the wonderful gift my husband gave me, but that isn't working out. We are in the beginning of changing Natasha's medication to hopefully improve some issues, as well as make things easier at school. We are weaning out one and slowly starting on another (all regulated by her doctor, of course). Yesterday was our first full day of change. She was happier it seemed, which was great, and there was certainly an increase in energy, which means VOLUME as well, but nothing that was too terrible. This morning when Aaron got up around 6:00, he found a WIDE awake Natasha on the couch, it appears that she had been up for HOURS based on how many movies she told us she had watched. It is just 9:00 now and she has done more things this morning than she normally does all day. She has thrown a major fit with her father, and then cried to me about it for an hour, taught Cassie how to play tag (remember the volume is up, so now add a screaming 2 year old as well), played on the computer, fought with her sister over a frizbee they are calling a pizza, had a big breakfast, played with every toy in her closet, cleaned all of the toys, made her bed, and is now giving us a quite amazing magic show. My head is spinning and I am exhausted all ready. We might have to slow down this weaning process, but for now, pray for me to have enough energy to get through till quiet time, and enough patience that Natasha will make it that long too!

5 comments:

Kirstynn Evans said...

WOW! Funny, how you and I both put a drama post up on the same day. I am sorry that you have to go through this right now. I hope and pray that it will get better. Matt told me about your birthday present. I am sorry I didn't get a chance to add my 2 cents. If there is still a chance, I would love to do that. And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

NatalieHemingway said...

OH MY GOSH!! I would be pulling my hair out and BALD by now. I can't believe how good you are. I'll be sending you my good, peaceful vibes this week. GOOD LUCK!

Suzanne Plant said...

I admire you so much -- you are such a great mom. Let me know if you want to take the kids to the Children's museum or the zoo and we can go. There is so much to do at those places maybe that would help. Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do. Love ya.

Sisters staying connected... said...

Hang in there! You are stronger than you know...it will get better! You deserve a nice pedicure for sure! ...alison

the Roberson family said...

I just wanted to tell you thanks for all the fashion advice you gave all of us at Enrichment. I will always take all the advice I can get.