Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Finally some progress

I have been working on a lot of house projects lately. Really, I have. But, if you were to come to my house, you would wonder what I have been doing with all of my time. My problem is that I made a "to do" list with about 50 things I wanted/had to get done. I started checking off the easier items, leaving the more time consuming things for later. Well, that produced several projects that were partially done. I couldn't take the chaos anymore, and finally had to bite the bullet and do some of the more time consuming things.

All of the kitchen cabinets are painted!!! I finished the painting, and have added all of the new hardware as well. I painted the island a different color, which Aaron thought was a strange idea, but I like how it turned out. This darker color has made our white microwave, stove, and dishwasher really stand out, but we knew that would happen. All new stainless appliances are on the list...one of these days.



Natasha's room is done (almost). Just a little more touch up on the trim - rounded corners and trim don't get along very well. OCD that I am, I could play with it for the next year and still not be happy, but I will try to leave well enough alone...soon. One thought though, do you think I should leave the closet doors white, or paint them the lighter brown color to match the trim, and possibly make it look more like barn doors? This is by far the most daring paint choice I have made, and I don't want it to be too dark in there, but the brown doors might be cute, or would they just make the room door (which is white) stand out more... you see my dilema. Let me know what you think!


4 comments:

cristelle amber said...

LOVE your cabinets, they look awesome. Will you come do mine? I think I'd leave the doors white, but I don't know much about decorating.

Kirstynn Evans said...

I love the kitchen! Very funky, mod, edgy! Not what I expected. You go with your bad self, and all your projects!

Natallee said...

EVERYTHING looks soooooo awesome!! Thanks for letting me come take a peek!! You have done a great job!!

Dave said...

Everything looks great! I think maybe interior design should be a new job possibility for you Jess. :) Really though, looks well done and tasteful, the island is just fine and doesn't emphasize or deemphasize anything.